Friday, May 9, 2008

Back to the land of the living

It seems we are all getting better around here (and you better believe I am furiously knocking on my wood computer desk).
I really don't even remember much of yesterday. I woke up sick and stayed sick all day. I throw up easily when I am pregnant anyway, add a stomach virus and I was down for the count. Natalie still wasn't feeling well and pretty much just stayed laying on the floor watching cartoons. Luckily for all of us Vanessa took a pretty long nap and then sat in her high chair eating graham crackers until my mom got here and took over. Thank God for my mom. She totally saved the day. If it wasn't for her, Vanessa might still be in her high chair eating nothing but crackers. Needless to say I wasn't the best mommy yesterday. But I think I am forgiven. I mean, I did take care of them when they were throwing up all over me. And you know how grateful 4-year-olds and 1-year-olds are.
We are all feeling a ton better today. Vanessa is even over her diarrhea (YAY!!!). Natalie is feeling better but is still not eating. She hasn't had more than a bite of tater tot since Monday. But she decided that she wants some spaghetti for lunch today, so spaghetti she will have! All she needs to do is get her strength back up and I think she will be almost back to normal.
Maybe stupidly, I am still planning on going to the parade tonight. We haven't missed one since Nat was born and she has been so excited for it for weeks now. It is right by Larry's work so we just bring our chairs and walk a short ways to watch it. Hopefully all will go well, but if you see us you might just want to wave from afar. I don't know if any or all of us are still contagious.
I am so glad we are all getting well for the weekend. We are scheduled to go to my parents for a Mother's Day celebration, but my dad is sick too so we will see. Other than that we don't have any real plans. Just maybe some River Fest stuff, shopping, etc... Natalie wants to go to WalMart and get the hanging basket of red flowers she saw last weekend as my Mother's Day present. She is such a sweetie. Hopefully you are all well and can have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Remember to hug your mamas and grandmamas. Seriously, we wouldn't be here without them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you girls are getting back to feeling normal!! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day and have a great time at River Fest!!

Sarah said...

I might see you there, but won't get too close. Have a great mother's Day