Monday, May 5, 2008

My poor little Nessa. Not only did she have an ear infection this weekend, she also caught some kind of stomach virus. She kept having really gross diapers and threw up in the middle of Saturday night. I felt so bad for her. I also felt very tired. I still do.
For some happier, and less gross, news....I reserved our hotel room for our vacation yesterday. I am so excited. We got the hotel we want and we are only paying $40 a night thanks to my wonderful Aunt!!! It is nothing fancy, but it has a pool and a make-your-own-Belgian-waffle-bar at their free continental breakfast. It is really close to a lot of the places we are going. I think it is going to work out really well. I have been requesting info off the Internet and have printed off a few coupons. I even found a "Coca-Cola family fun" coupon for the North Pole amusement park for $5 off a person. That's $15 we will save right there! Hello souvenirs!! Everything costs so much more than I remember. Every cent we can save will help.
I also went to Dollar Tree today and got a few fun things to give Natalie on the trip there. I just picked up some drawing paper, a notebook, some pens and pencils, stickers, and a couple of card games. I will get a few more cheap things, wrap them up and let her choose something every couple of hours. I really hope this will help with some of the boredom that will inevitable come with a 8+ hour drive. I am going to get a few things for Vanessa too. We will take the portable DVD player and some movies, some books and some cd's. I am sure how ever much I take it won't seem like enough though!
I am getting so excited to take an actual family vacation. Larry and I have traveled together before and it was great...but this is going to be so special. All four of us seeing new things and doing fun stuff. I love that we are getting to show our kids things they don't see everyday in Kansas. Traveling and being aware of other places is so important to me and I want to pass that on to my girls. So far we haven't had the money or resources to go on a real vacation. I am so pleased that this year we are making it work.
So, enough rambling about something that is not even going to happen for another month (we leave June 1st..our 6th anniversary). And I don't really have anything else to say! Have a wonderful day and enjoy the weather. Sounds like it's going to rain quite a bit the rest of the week.

4 comments:

Andie said...

Poor little Nessa! Throwing up babies are absolutely so sad and pitiful. I hope she's feeling much better and back to her playful self soon.
I totally understand about being excited about a vacation. We have NEVER been on a vacation. All of our trips involved going to visit family or going to a conference for Warren's work. We are SO EXCITED to be planning our trip...it's all I can think about and ours is still 8 months away!!! I need to get my brain off of it because I have lots I need to be doing (getting ready for VBS which I'm in charge of, getting ready for the school year since I'm going back to teaching...lots of other stuff that will be happening between now and then!)
Anyway...I'm excited for you!

Blessings-Andie

Unknown said...

I feel for you and your sick baby. That is no fun!! You guys will have a great time on your family trip. Dollar store toys are the best for those types of things. We do that every time we travel to KS. It works well, so far!!

Thank you for the compliments on Kenley. Those pictures were taken last year by a friend who was starting her photographer business in McCune Ks. I loved your pics from JcPenney. I have always wanted to do that but am afraid of paying that money and getting nothing in return. Hope you little one gets better.

Loni said...

Tara- I just wanted to let you know, JC Penney's has great coupons where you don't pay a sitting fee and get the sheets for $3.99. So it really is a win win situation...even if the pictures don't come out the best!

Anonymous said...

Vacations yay!!! Our Vegas vacation is 3 weeks away..I would love to go on a vacation with the kids though...I think that taking the kids to the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City, would be fun...like during Ryan's xmas 2008 break....Hope ya'lls have a lot of fun =)...
Brie