Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's silly, but I'm nervous

I have a appointment to see my doctor this afternoon and I must admit, I'm a bit nervous. This will be the first time I will get to hear my third child's heartbeat. My last appointment was just a little too early to be checking for it. I'm really glad she didn't even try because if she wouldn't have found it I would have just freaked out until this appointment today.
I really am not all that sure why I am so nervous, but every time I think about it I get butterflies in my stomach. First of all, I just really want it to be there for me to hear. Someone I care about very much just lost her baby and she was a couple weeks farther along than me. That scared me more than I admitted to anyone. Once you get past a certain point you tend to let your guard down a little, or at least I do. I realize anything can happen at any time. So I really just want to hear that little thump-thump-thump.
The other thing I really want is to just hear one little heartbeat. For some reason I am terrified of having twins. I know the odds are low, but I am still worried. I even dream about it. I am getting bigger faster this time so everyone says "oh, maybe it's two" and I smile and laugh while inside I am screaming and crying. What would I do with two? I don't even want to imagine the possibility.
So, I will update later and let you all know what I hear. Good luck to us!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good Luck! I remember being nervous too. I love that wonderful little thump thump. Enjoy it.

Andie said...

I always was nervous that first time, too. I got HUGE with Bethany, really fast, and she was a chlomid baby, so the odds of twins was much greater. I'm sure you're just getting bigger faster this time because this is your third time, and Vanessa is so young...your body hasn't fully recovered from being preg. with her.
Well...it's evening...how did it go????

Love ya-Andie

Anonymous said...

Darlin Girl, So happy that you heard a good strong heartbeat.
Your girls are precious - enjoy this time.

Love you,
Bobbi