Monday, May 12, 2008

Day by Day

Friday: Well, we did end up going to the parade. My sweet mom loaded us all up (me, the girlies, and the big red wagon) and dropped us off at the Lot. The three of us set out to the new, farther away, location. We got there pretty early and got a good curb-side seat. We got settled, I offered Natalie her Capri Sun that I brought for her, and she leaned over the side of the wagon and puked. At this point she still hadn't eaten more than a few bites of spaghetti and a spoonful of chocolate ice cream, so there really wasn't much there. I cleaned it up with a few wipes and then prepared to head out. But Natalie really, really wanted to stay and she felt better. Now, I'm not sure if this is proper parenting, but we stayed. She did great the rest of the parade and even got up and waved and clapped for her favorite things (Ronald McDonald, the big car balloon, the Girl Scouts float, and the clown troupe). Vanessa had a good time too. She waved and clapped at the weirdest times, like to normal cars and the people carrying shovels ready to shovel the horse poo. But whatever, cause they both had fun. Larry met us after he got off of work and then we all went home together. Aside from the throw-up, it turned out to be a very nice evening.

Saturday: We didn't do too much Saturday because I still wasn't 100% convinced Nat was over her virus. We did a little shopping, just the shoe store and Target. Natalie acted fine, but still wasn't eating more than a bite at a time. We were invited to two Mother's Day celebration dinners, but turned them both down to make sure we didn't infect any other little kid with the grossness we had just endured. Larry and Natalie did go to Wal-Mart for a while and when they got home we had this discussion.
Natalie:I need to go outside and get you some flowers.
Me:Maybe tomorrow honey. It's getting a little chilly outside.
Natalie:But we got you red flowers.
Me:I don't think you are supposed to tell me that till tomorrow, right?
Natalie:(pointing at Daddy as he walks in the room)He got you two.
So we had a day early, impromptu Mother's Day gift giving. Larry got me a bouquet of roses, Natalie and Vanessa got me a hanging basket of red flowers for the front porch, and they all got me a new bottle of perfume. It was really sweet.

Sunday: We did end up going to my Mom and Dad's for a B-B-Q lunch. I was having a bad "pregnant day" and not feeling great, so it was actually nice to be somewhere the girls could go a little wild and had plenty of people looking after them. Lunch was delicious, made even better by the fact that we all ate outside. Isn't all food better when eaten outside? I think so. Anyway, we had a really nice visit. Just a little aside...I love you mom. Thanks for being a great mother and teaching me what you have learned. You know how invaluable you are to me and my family so I won't say it again. I am so thankful we have always been close, and even more so that we just continue to get closer. You helped me become the person I am, but let me take my own road to get here. I hope your Mother's Day was fun and relaxing....So, after we got home Vanessa was asleep and Larry took Natalie outside to mow with him. I was (drum roll please) alone! It took me a while to get used to the idea, but not too long! I half watched "Good Will Hunting" and I half slept. Approximately two hours of pure paradise. I would like to say I woke up rejuvenated and feeling fresh, but I just woke up a little less tired. But hey, I'll take what I can get.

Monday: Today was Natalie's last day of her one-day-a-week school (well, until she starts the summer session in June). They had a hot dog lunch party and had dress up costumes in the class. Natalie seemed to have a great time. As soon as she saw the box of clothes she was gone. When I picked her up she proudly said, "Know how many brownies I ate?" and held up three fingers. Don't worry, I saw the size of the brownies and they were really small. Her teacher gave her an absolutely glowing report and I think I actually lit up with pride. She praised her on her imagination and creativity. She was so proud of the little girl Natalie grew to be this year. At the beginning she was quiet and shy and wouldn't talk to other kids. I was worried and talked to her other teacher about it. She didn't really seem concerned. She said Natalie was just adjusting. It turned out she was right. By the end of the year she hugged me goodbye and then was off having a great time. I would pick her up and she would be playing with her friends. I would hear about songs she made up and stories she told. What a great little girl! Happy Mother's Day to me! Anyway, after that we went to the Lot and met up with my sister-in-law, mother-in-law and nephew. We all packed up the wagon and strollers and went down to River Fest where we ran into my other sister-in-law, nephew and a niece. (Follow all that?) It was fun but SO windy. It was crazy. Lots of the kid stuff wasn't even going because of the wind. We spent a while down there anyway and got to the Lot just as Larry was getting off work.

Ok, that was a lot longer than I planned. My fingers are tired. Good night!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet comments, Honey. You make me proud to be a Mom. I love you.

PS: And, if I wouldn't have been your Mom, I wouldn't be a Nana to the 2 sweetest little girls in the whole wide world.

(You know the line......my cup runneth over!)