Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This is going to be gross...just be warned!

I thought about sparing you all the disgusting details of life here, but in the spirit of this totally honest blog, I decided against it. Aren't you lucky ducks?
At 2am Natalie began crying. Actually it was more like whimpering in her sleep. I was already awake because my back was killing me so I just rubbed her back and tried to get her back to sleep. I kind of thought it was just a bad dream. I'm not sure why I didn't connect the fact that Vanessa whined in her sleep right before her stomach exploded all over her bed too. Yep, Natalie now has the stomach virus that Vanessa is still trying to get over. While Vanessa only had one bout of throwing up and then a lot of diarrhea, Natalie is still throwing up. She cannot even take a sip of water without it coming back. I am worried about dehydration. At least Ness could drink her water and eat crackers. I don't see getting anything in Natalie's tummy for quite a while. My poor girls are miserable. And let me tell you, this house smells like...well...let's just say it doesn't smell pleasant.
I was just talking yesterday to a good friend of mine about how when you have two kids they just pass sickness to each other. There is nothing worse than having two sick babies at one time. Except if I was sick too (let's all knock on wood and hope I don't get this). Both my girls want me at the same time and I have to decide who needs me worse. That is a horrible decision to make because inevitably one of them is getting less than they deserve. Right now Natalie is laying on the couch watching tv and Vanessa is sitting on my feet. They just look so pitiful. I feel so bad for them.
Just to let you know it took me about an hour to type all of this after having to pause to help Natalie throw up once, poop twice, and change Vanessa's poopy diaper once. It was a very yucky hour. Hopefully things are settled down a little bit. I am going to go snuggle some girls on the couch and enjoy not cleaning anything up right now. Uh oh, I think I spoke to soon.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You poor thing. Just keep washing your hands and everything in sight. I pray you don't get it.

Keep pushing water, or ice cubes. Good luck. I will be thinking of you and your poor babies. ;(

Unknown said...

Poor girls and poor mamma!! Lysol spray everything!!! Maybe try pedialtye (sp?). Thats what we used with Kenley when she had that. I hope all gets better soon. If not, send an SOS message and we will send in the HAZMAT team in their suits!!

Andie said...

I'm so sorry...puking is worse than just about anything in my book. My kids have thrown up more this winter than they have in all previous history combined. Our house smelled pretty bad after a weekend with Bethany puking because no matter how many blankets I have surrounding her, no matter how many puke buckets I have nearby...she refuses to puke on anything but carpet and furniture! ICK!! Our carpet cleaner got quite the workout that weekend..and the following week when Abbigail and Andrew got it, too.
I will keep you in my prayers...love ya-
Andie

Anonymous said...

Pedalite and popcicles...they help Hailey and Ryan when they're sick...Hope they feel better soon sick kids are no fun. Ryan brought something home it seemed like every other week from school...bleh!! But, I'll knock on wood for ya! =)
Brie