Monday, January 5, 2009

The end of holiday-cation

I'm not so sure Natalie was ready to go back to school today. I asked her last night if she was excited to see her friends and teachers and she said that she would just rather stay on "holiday-cation". I knew exactly how she felt.
I was NOT ready for the alarm to go off this morning. It had been so long since we had to wake up to that annoying beeping. For a couple of weeks now I have been able to wake up to cute baby noises and little voices. There is no better way to wake up, is there? After hitting snooze one time too many we finally all got up. The girls had their waffles (Vanessa ate the whole thing AND has kept it down...progress!) and we got dressed and ready. Then I remembered that today everyone got to bring one Christmas present for circle time show and tell. Of course Natalie wanted to bring her giant Barbie styling head. I told her over and over again that the rule was it had to fit in her backpack and the styling head was just not going to fit. Her solution...get a bigger backpack! I finally convinced her to bring something else and she picked Vanessa's My Little Pony remote controlled car.
I didn't send Vanessa to her class today. With her tummy still being all messed up I thought it best that she stay home with me. For one, I didn't want to risk spreading the sickness around to the rest of her class. Also, I didn't want her teacher to have to deal with the kind of diapers this child is still producing. So Vanessa, Allison and I are camped on the couch watching a Winnie the Pooh movie. Well, it's actually just me watching it since Allie is more content staring at my sweatshirt and Vanessa is amusing herself by rolling up in a blanket.
Hopefully this nasty flu that has invaded our house has passed you all by. But if not, drink plenty of fluids and get lots of rest!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was soo ready for Ryan to go back to school today lol. I just hope he doesn't get into any trouble from being away from school so long...but we will see lol...It's 11am and no calls from the school yet.
Brie

Sarah said...

Back to the daily grind. Hope your little ones are on the mend soon. We are.........I think.

Anonymous said...

Ok, Bec and I were wondering why you were putting Vanessa back in her car seat but didn't realize it till we had already gone by (we decided she must still be sick- on behalf of the toddler room “thank you”- it stinks enough in there).
Natalie stopped me in the hall today and said "Hi" then "That's my mom’s cousin” it was so sweet, she also said “Hi” to Becki.
1 more thing you didn't look old enough or frazzled enough to be the mom of 3 young girls today. You did look pretty "cute" in your ball cap and pony tail.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I love Natalie's vocabulary, and how she invents words for what they really are. My favorites:
"Hornk and wave when you leave, Nana."
Beautifly
Rainbrella
and now I'll have to add Holidaycation 'cuz I didn't want to come back to work after mine, either. Love that Nat!!
Love from Nana

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave a cooment on your 'One a Day' blog, but it wouldn't let me, so here it is.
Love ya!!


I didn't think I would enjoy this blog as much as I do. I really love how you condense the day down to one picture that shows the essence of the day. Love - Mom