Thursday, January 22, 2009

Who are you and what have you done with my hair?

You know that feeling you get the first time you wash your hair after a major haircut? That feeling of "Oh my gawd! Where the hell did my hair go?". No? It's just me? Well, whatever.

Today when I went to wash my hair I was in shock. Now, before you say anything, no, I did not wash my hair yesterday. It had been washed twice the day before and it was tired. Tired I tell you! Anyway, I went to run my fingers through it so the water could get to every strand and all of a sudden my fingers didn't feel anymore hair. It just stopped. It was almost as if I had had six or seven inches cut off a couple of days ago. At this point you might be thinking I sound a little nuts and I probably am. I am a mother of three girls ages five and under. That is enough to send even the sanest individual completely over the edge (and I was never the sanest individual).

But I digress.

For the last two days I have looked at my hair, played with my hair, brushed, straightened, curled, and pretty much obsessed over my hair. You would think that by today I would be used to this new, short do. I guess not. All of a sudden it became a very real fact. I no longer have hair past my shoulders. Now it barely comes to my chin.

Don't get me wrong. I still really like it. Even when I got out of the shower and my hair was wet it looked kind of cute. It used to look just...heavy when it was wet, but now it curls right away. I styled it in about two minutes. I used some curl enhancing cream and scrunched it up and that was that. I hope to get a new curling iron soon so I can replicate the Eva look that I left the salon with. And I already know I like the bobbed look when it is straight. So, overall I am happy with the situation. It just might take me a while to get used to the feel of washing it.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Girl, I had to laugh! I know that feeling all too well. I usually have a huge blog of shampoo, then realize I have enough extra to make a shampoo mohawk!

I'm sure it looks super cute!

Anonymous said...

The girls said you looked cute in your pony tail and hat. I'm know you look good in your Eva cut. Where is the picture? Have you seen my pics yet? Love ya aunt marilyn

Liz said...

i know exactly what you mean. when i finally went short, i got 10 inches cut off. talk about an adjustment!

Sarah said...

I have felt that way before. Your hand just keeps going and there is nothing there. Like a missing limb or something. Weird. I love the hair do.. It suits you well.

Andie said...

I, too, know that feeling. I got mine cut off in August, and I'm still shocked sometimes!!!
And, I'm with you...I want Eva's body, too!!!!
I'm glad you can update your blog again...I even updated mine this am...aunt Marilyn was BADGERING me! :o) Love ya, mar!!

Love ya, too, Loni!
Andie