Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Let's try this again!

I'm not going to say our computer problems are solved because last time I said that I was wrong. Very, very wrong. I can say that the computer is working well enough that I can blog again. Thank god. I was really starting to miss it!


I mentioned in my last blog that I was getting my hair cut and I did. It is a lot shorter than I thought I was going to go but I really do like it. I didn't really have a plan when I went to the salon other then to tell Cindy I wanted it short and fun. When I walked in this magazine was right on top of the pile and I said, "That's what I want!!!"

The cut is very similar to Eva's. If only I could get her face and body as well......

The older girls also got their hair cut. Natalie has another short bob (I love her hair in a bob, I think it suits her face). Vanessa just got a trim around her face. They both look darling, of course! It is amazing how much older they look now, at least to me!

After the haircuts we went and had pictures taken at JC Penney's. They turned out SO cute. I can't wait to get them and show them off. We did the girls individual shots first before they could have a chance to get bored. They posed like beautiful little models. Even Allison got into the mood and gave great big smiles. Then it went downhill. Natalie was trying to cooperate for the most part, Vanessa was acting every bit her age, and Allison just got fed up with the whole affair. The group pic of the three of them is less than wonderful, but I got one anyway. At least it shows their true selves! The funny thing was my Mom kept trying to reason with Vanessa. "If you are good we will go do fun stuff after this!" I tried to tell her that that doesn't really work with a 21-month-old. It is all about instant gratification with that age. Telling her that we will reward her later means NOTHING! In the end we did get some really good pictures of them and even a couple with my Mom and I in them.

To end the day out we took Allison to her two month doctor's appointment. We still have been having problems with her congestion. She is now on another kind of antibiotic. Hopefully that works, but if it doesn't we are going to try soy formula to see if it has something to do with reflux. I hope it clears up and she is fine. I am so frustrated with the whole situation. All the girl wants to do is breath easily. Is that too much to ask?!? Other than that she is doing wonderfully. She weighs ten pounds even and is 21 inches long. That is about the 50th percentile in weight and 10th in height. That was always how Natalie measured too. My girls are destined to be shorties! The only other issue we're having is my milk supply right now, but I still can't talk about it without crying so I will have to elaborate on it some other time.

So. That is that. At least for now. Maybe, just maybe I will get to write another post before my computer decides to spaz out again. I updated my one a day blog also so check that out. It sure is nice to be back! Again!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I am very disappointed you didn't post a picture of your new hair on here. ;( I am waiting.........

I can't wait to see the photo shoot.

Anonymous said...

hey girl. glad you're back. i'll be in town this weekend and must see you. i'll call you

Liz said...

sorry i didn't get you called back today. things got crazy quickly...funny how that happens. I am going to call you tomorrow though. I have so much to talk about. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Love your new hair do. SO CUTE!!! I have that issue of GLAMOUR...I have a subscription lol...I need to get my hair cut...I always just have it up and do nothing with it...so have you gotten me any info for the children's day out at east heights? LOL Sorry for buggin ya about it..I'm just impatient like that...I cannot wait to see the pics of the girls...oh and the pic of Axel and Allie...reminds me of one I have of Hailey...she is asleep in her carseat with a blankets on her and Penny (out dachshund) is laying on her legs...this is both when they are little bitty... i will post it on myspace if I can find it lol...
Well, gotta get to bed..have a long day of helping my sister move to her new house tomorrow...
Brie

Anonymous said...

I want you to post pics of your new hair, too, 'cuz I know how cute it is. Everyone at my work just gushed about it after you were here. (they were also very impressed with how thin you've already gotten in just 9 weeks after giving birth!) I'll just let everyone know that your hair looks EXACTLY like the picture. But, I also liked the picture of when you straightened it. So, I think it will be very veristile, and you'll like it alot. Anyway, I agree - let's see pictures!! Love, MOM