Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm baaaaack!!!!

I think we have the computer problems fixed...for now. Last night Larry reset the whole system to factory settings. Luckily I was able to get all my pictures off before they disappeared (when will I learn to save them to disc or print them out immediately?!?!). We had some sort of virus that kept making the computer freeze up or shut off entirely. It would take me an hour just to get the picture onto my other blog which is why I didn't do anything over on this one.

In the last week I kept coming up with things to blog about and then couldn't. Now I can and my mind in blank. Isn't that how it always is? Really, you haven't missed much. Allison is growing by leaps and bounds. She is such a chubby little cutie pie. Sometimes I just sit and look at her little face and her little hands and her little feet. It really is amazing to me how you can be just as enchanted with the third kid as you were the first.

Speaking of that topic, I have decided to put off the tubal ligation I had scheduled for today. I have tried to explain this to many people but I really can't. It is not that I want more kids...because I don't. It is not that I didn't want the ease of not having to worry about birth control...because I do. I just wasn't at the place where I could comfortably go in and have a lifelong procedure done. Larry was SO supportive. He told me that I shouldn't stress. That we could go another route for now and deal with this later. It kinda made me fall in love with him all over again. To have someone support you without questioning you is a great asset. He made me feel content in my decision. I am going in in a couple of weeks to get Mirena. I have heard great things about it from friends of mine who are using it. That gives us five years until we HAVE to make another decision on this matter.

The older girls are also doing great. Natalie is back in to the swing of things at school. She really likes going, which is a major relief to me. I was scared that after the holiday-cation we would have trouble getting her motivated again. Nope. She has been doing great. Vanessa didn't even have trouble going back to her children's day out program. She wasn't exactly thrilled for me to go, but she didn't cry and when I came back she was playing happily with her wonderful teacher and her friends.

I do have a quick story about my middle child. I picked her up Monday and the two teachers in the room were telling me how cute she was. She had been playing with a toy and a little boy named Mason was wanting to share but she wasn't too keen on playing with him. A lot of kids this age might get mad and yell or be mean or even hit. Not my kid. She took Mason by the hand, led him over to the other side of the room, got him interested in something else, and then snuck back to the toy she wanted. The girl is already learning how to control those boys! She is so sweet. Natalie might not agree with that one hundred percent!!!

As for me, I'm doing ok. I went shopping on Monday with Christmas money and replaced a whole bunch of my wardrobe. I was so sick of wearing the same things I have been wearing since high school. I needed a change! So I got new pants and jeans and shirts and even a few cute little dresses. I have an appointment next Tuesday to get my hair cut. I have been wearing make-up and jewelery again. In other words, I have started trying again. I got pregnant so quickly after I had Vanessa that I never really had a chance to rebound from it. Now I am! I am about at my pre-pregnancy weight and I would like to loose ten or fifteen more pounds. But I'm back to a size ten (can't believe I just admitted that to the Internet!) and I am pretty happy with myself for the first time in a long time. I really have a sense that this is going to be my year for major changes. Not only with my appearance, but with other things in my life as well. I am excited to see where it all goes and who I will be by this time next year. Wish me luck!

I will try to get my One a Day blog caught up as soon as I get Kodak reinstalled. I'm so glad to be back!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad you are back too (with a nice long blog) I love hearing little stories about your girls.

On your choice to not get the tube thing done. Hey girl that is all your choice. ;) I already told Jeremy he would be the one to get the snip snip. In and out they say. ha ha. I figure I have already been through enough with child birth. He needs a little pain. ;)

I sure hope you post pics of your new hair and clothes. You sexy mama.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you can blog again, but I was kinda hoping that I could just take it over for a few days. haha. Hurry and get your Kodak going. I miss my daily fix of seeing my girls in pictures. MOM

Anonymous said...

Its great that you've found a birthcontrol that you will feel happy about. I have heard good things about Mirena....but I will stick with my Nuva Ring =) lol...Well anyway hope you get your kodak thing up soon! And..hope to get more info on the Children's day out thing...=)
Brie

Anonymous said...

Since I can't leave a comment on your picture blog, I wanted to tell you that the picture of Allison being 'entertained' is my favorite one yet! She looks pretty happy to me. Good job, Natty. Love, Nana

Andie said...

Glad you have things up and running again! I haven't been blogging either, just mainly on Facebook...join and look me up! :o) But beware, it is addictive!
I've been getting new clothes a lot recently, too...going back to teaching I needed a bit more than jeans, sweats, and t-shirts! A size 10 is GREAT...that is my goal! I'm so proud of you!