Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!!

Yay!!! It's the 4th of July. My favorite holiday besides Christmas. I've always loved the 4th and everything that comes with it. When I was little my parents would have some friends over that had kids and we would play and swim and shoot of fireworks and EAT!!! It was always such a laid back, fun time. I remember catching fireflies with Healy and Katie and then all sitting on a big blanket to watch our dads shoot fireworks. There were always big laughs and usually at least one "oh, crap, did we set the house on fire?" moment.
This year we are going to my parents house to celebrate. Natalie is so excited. She has been going through the fireworks ad all week telling us exactly what she wants (a small tank, parachutes, and a purple fountain). I can't wait to see the fireworks, but I think I am more excited about seeing Nat watch the fireworks.
I better go so I can get to work before the big holiday begins. Yes, we are still painting and it is hell! But we are making good progress (the bathroom should be finished today and the living room is prepped). I love how my blue and white bathroom turned out and I can't wait until I can decorate it and make it perfect!
Have a wonderful and safe 4th and we will try and do the same!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lon!
Nice job and those girls are so very precious!
Mike and I reminisced a bit Wednesday about the wonderful 4th's we all shared. They were such grand times. None of us had 2 quarters to rub together, but the Mike's did some amazing shopping and the fireworks were great.
Hug those babies for me and thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

OOps...signed Bobbi