Thursday, July 12, 2007

It's called driving...learn how to do it!!

I am not what anyone might call a patient person. This is especially true when it comes to driving. I admit that before I had kids I could yell some pretty nasty things at people. Since Natalie came along and repeats everything, I have had to censor myself a bit, but I still voice my opinion. Nat will be in the back seat saying "don't yell at them mom!" So now I tell her exactly why I am mad at the offending driver. She is getting a lesson in good driving already, and she's only three. Hopefully by the time she is 16 she will be the most conscientious driver out there. That would be one of my proudest moments.
I was just on my way home from work and there were a plethora of bad drivers out there today. So instead of losing my cool then I came home to vent on my blog. I figured that was more productive anyway.

1. Drive in the right lane please!!! My biggest pet peeve is when people don't drive in the right lane on the highway. The left lane is for passing people! Go as slow as you want in the other lanes, just leave the passing lane open so I can get around you.
2. Use your turn signals! (No, mom, I am not directing this at you. You have gotten a lot better about this!)
3. Turn off your turn signals when you are done! There was a hilarious article a long time ago (was is Dave Barry?) saying that if your turn signal is left on your car should automatically turn for you. I teased mom about this all the time because by their house you go around a curve to get on their road. She would always leave the signal on and I would tell her she was going to end up in the field one of those times.
4. Don't sight see. If you need to look closely at something pull over. Don't slow down to 5 miles per hour while cars line up behind you.
5. Just have some respect for the other cars on the road. So many people are only thinking of themselves when they drive. If you are considerate to others there will be less road rage and less accidents. And I would be a much happier individual.

Ok, I am done and I feel much better. Wow, this blog really is good for something. I was all tense and angry and now I am calm and ready to play with my girl. We will play with her matchbox cars and you better believe they will all drive exactly like I want them to!!

0 comments: