Friday, July 6, 2007

Is it Friday already?

This week has been SO busy. But we have been productive and had a lot of fun, so I guess it is worth it.



We had a great 4th, even though it rained all night. We went to my parents to celebrate. Dad, Larry, Nat and I went fireworks shopping and spent too much. Natalie loved picking out all the cool chickens and cars and sparklers. We go home and start shooting stuff off and all of a sudden it gets dark outside. Dark enough to do some night works. Then the wind rolls in and then the rain, of course. So we stayed inside and kept checking if the rain had slowed down. Every time it did we would run out and shoot off as many as we could. Then it would start raining again and we would all head back inside. I have to say though, the fireworks had a very special quality against the cloudy, rainy sky. They were very pretty. Natalie liked them a lot and would even pause from playing when they were going off. I would have to say her favorite activity of the day was catching rolly-pollies and putting them in her bug house. They had names and family designations and everything. She kept telling my she was "saving" them, but I doubt they felt that way! Vanessa was great. She got surprised a couple of times by the extra loud fireworks, but other than that she enjoyed herself.

Well, better get back to painting the house. The living room is almost done.....yay!!! I am so sick of painting. It's one of those things that is really fun at first. Now I am tired of it!
Here are some pictures of the 4th...
















0 comments: