Saturday, January 19, 2008

The good news and the bad news.....

Ms. Brenda's assessment of Natalie in her dance and gymnastics classes:

She is very smart and when she concentrates she can do the moves beautifully. The problem is that she looses her focus so easily and often.


Yep. Sounds right. I am happy that the teacher is taking the time to care and work with Natalie on this because it is true for everything in her life. I am not sure if she gets bored easily or what, but she tends to let her mind wander.

I think (and hope) that going to school on Monday, gymnastics on Tuesday and dance on Friday is helping her. She really likes her classes and when she comes home she loves to show off what she learned that day, so I know she is paying some attention. She just really needs to remember to stop daydreaming and playing around and start working on what she is supposed to be doing.

I am a proud mommy. She is brilliant and beautiful, just a bit flighty. I have no idea where she got that from!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

She is her own little person. Soon you will have a pre-teen talking back, Oh I can't wait.

;)

Anonymous said...

I just read Sarah's comment, and had to laugh. She ALREADY talks back like a teen, doesn't she? Anyway, as long as she learns to do what she's being taught, that's the main thing, right? As you know, as far as I'm concerned Natalie is perfect, and nobody - not even Miss Brenda - can tell me otherwise!
I just love my grandbabies!!!!