Saturday, January 5, 2008

Just give me the mother of the year award now.

In my excitement to post yesterday about my winning Jayhawks, I left out something pretty major.

Vanessa said her first word yesterday! She said Dada to her Dada. For a while she has been babbling. She says blah and ba over and over. While I am sure it has some meaning for her, I think it is mostly to exercise and practice her voice. But yesterday when she was playing with Larry she was saying Dada plain as day.

I feel like maybe my blogging priorities were a bit off yesterday. I am sorry to my baby girl. Of course your first word is more important than winning the Orange Bowl, Vanessa.

We have a big and busy weekend. We have friends coming in from Kansas City, we have Natalie's 4th birthday luau party today, and my nieces 1st birthday party tomorrow. I will try to post later or tomorrow, and I've already promised Ness that if she says anything else I will post it before any sporting victories we might have (KU and Boston College play basketball today!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby's 1st words are exciting... Hailey's 1st word was "Dada" also...
She'll say Naanaa now too...not sure what it's supposed to mean though. Ahowho see you at Nat's party in a littel bit..
Bri

Anonymous said...

The Jayhawks are important, Sweetie, but Honestly!!! It will serve you right if her next word is Nana!! However, after listening to her as you and I were on the phone last night, I believe it might be "Mother, I'm ready for my bottle now." There is nothing in the world that sounds more wonderful than either of my Granddaughters talking. I love their sweet little voices. I'm looking forward to your blog about this last weekend. Natty's B-day party went so well, and it so fun to see everyone. So, I'll be checking in periodically today. HA