Friday, January 18, 2008

Just a few random Natalie stories

I got Natalie this really cool, big hardback book for Christmas with 10 different picture books inside. She loves picking which stories we read every night and definitely has her favorites. We read one by Mary Murphy about this little penguin telling its mommy what it likes. Natalie likes to talk along and this is how it goes:
Book: "I like it when you hold my hand"
Nat: I like it when you hold my hand too.
Book: "I like it when you tickle me"
Nat: I like it when you tickle me too.
Book: "I like it when we try new things to eat"
Nat: I like macaroni and cheese and hamburger helper.
Thanks for trying little penguin guy.

When I picked Natalie up from school last Monday her teachers assistant Miss Ashley stopped me and told me she just had to tell me what Natalie has said because it was SO funny. I was immediately apprehensive about this because Natalie can come up with some pretty crazy stuff. I guess when the kids were all going out for recess Miss Ashley was trying to convince Nat to put on her coat because it was a bit chilly. Nat didn't want to put it on (big surprise) and told Miss Ashley "I'm not going to put on that stupid coat. I got it at JC Penney's and I hate it and I'm not putting it on." Now, I'm not at all sure what getting it at Penney's had to do with anything, but her teachers thought that was pretty funny. I had to have the talk with Nat about doing what the teacher says and not arguing, but it was pretty hard not to laugh.

0 comments: