Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy Vanessa Things

Since the blog has been kind of depressing for a couple of days I thought I would post about all the fun new things my baby is doing for a little break.

For about two weeks now Vanessa has been clapping. It is so cute I can hardly stand it. She gets so excited and claps so enthusiastically that she usually tips herself over. Natalie loves clapping with her and then we all get involved of course. Lately if you were to peak through our windows (please don't...my house is too messy) you might find our whole family clapping for a basketball game, or a commercial, or even the news.

Vanessa also took her first "official" steps on Tuesday night. Larry's parents and sister were over to visit and she let go of the coffee table and took two very distinct steps to Larry. She then fell backwards and started screaming bloody murder, but she WALKED!!!! I say offical steps because Larry works with her all the time and she has stumbled a few steps to him before. But this was just a lot more deliberate and steady. I always hold her hands and let her walk around the house and she loves that. She gets such a kick out of doing things her big sister does. I know I am in for a world of trouble because not only will I have my spirited 4-year-old, but I will also have her little copycat.

She is getting so big! She says dada and mama and all kinds of babble words. She is approximately 17 pounds, both girls have a doctors appointment next week so I will know for sure how big they are getting. I just can't believe how proud I am of both my smart girls.
--------------------------------
On another note, Larry and I are going to Bill's funeral tomorrow. After the service here in Wichita we will all drive the 1 1/2- 2 hours to New Albany in southeast Kansas for the burial. With this weather I am a little nervous about such a long drive, but hopefully the roads will be pretty clear by tomorrow afternoon.
---------------------------------
And on another note....my sister-in-law is not going to be able to make the trip with us tomorrow because she is 38 weeks pregnant. So Lesley, you better keep that baby in there until I get back!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, well if you get stuck on ice or anything on the way to New Albany. Ryan, can pull ya out. Him and I are riding in his tow truck to New Albany up until they put Bill's casket on it. Then some other guy is driving it, the rest of the way there.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Vanessa is walking already. Hailey needs to catch up lol. Hailey crawls so fast I am not sure if she really has any intrest in walking. Anywho see ya'lls in a few hours for Bill's funeral.
Brie

Sarah said...

They change so fast! You need more pics on here. New ones on the side. ;)